Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Sea of Red




It was like nothing I have ever experienced. As far as one could see was this huge sea of moving red. Red was everywhere, even the water was dyed red. Tuesday, October 24 was truly a memorable experience.

It all started the Tuesday before when the phone rang at 10:47 p.m. and my good friend said, "want to go to the World Series?" The St. Louis Cardnials had just won the penant and now off to the world series. "Me?" I responded. "World Series?" You have got to be kidding! But it was true, and one of my lifelong dreams was about to come true. I could mark this one off my list.

It was all I expected to be. The hype, emotion, screaming fans, and of course, the sea of red. Red was everywhere. They were even selling small patches of cloth for $2 that one would stick on their chin to have a red gotee. It was mayhem. It was awesome.

Thanks to my great friend, we were off last night to St. Louis and then the bigger surprise came when he informed me that our seats were in row 4, field level behind 3rd base. Incredible.
Took many photos, even did live video which I will be posting on my website soon; www.getpaul.com You have got to check it out, it was the experience of a lifetime.

It was a late night, long drive home, just the road, a good friend, XM radio re-capping the game, and great 5-0 victory. 2:00 am Wednesday morning, tired and yet wide awake from all the coffee, blood shot eyes and back to work in less than 4 hours; wow was it worth it.

Thank again to a great friend Jose' for making this dream come true. GO CARDS!
Paul

No comments: