Thursday, November 23, 2006

A Great Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving. Now it is not that I am trying to be all sappy, but quite frankly, I am so thankful for everything around me. Today is the day that my parents will be driving 4 hours to come spend time, have a great meal, and reminisce about the past. I love that. Time is so limited and I do not want to waste one moment, rather embrace every second and enjoy it to the fullest. I love my mom, dad, family and friends, and nothing makes me happier than to sit and enjoy their presence. Although, sometimes those past old time stories haunt me when told in front of my friends. But, that's what makes them parents.

I hope today, that you too make the most of this day. Time to relax, slow down, and enjoy the family. Ethel Mumford once said, "God gave us our relatives; thank God we can choose our friends." All of our families can be quirky, but they are family. That is what makes them so special. So for the rest of this day, I am going to be sappy. Say nice things, think of the past, but then tomorrow, I go back to work and hope that all these memories will never be lost.

No comments: