Monday, July 16, 2007

Can't get away!




Sometimes it is great to get away from the daily stress of our ever so busy lives. I know, I know, I am busy because I choose to be. Nevertheless, I packed one duffel bag, grabbed the wife and off we went to Punta Cana, D.R. for the weekend. A long weekend on a sun drenched beach lined with palm trees. I love palm trees. The reality is, in this business one never gets truly away from it. While laying on the beach, I couldn't help reading lots of magazines about Web 2.0 and constantly making notes of what I was going to do when I got back. Although I did not have a phone that worked, nor a computer, I did resort to the old fashioned way. I just couldn't help it.

Now don't get me wrong, it was really nice making notes on the beach and I can't wait to do it again, but when you get right down to it, I was ready to come back and dig in. There are many challenges in front of me this year; bring it on.

So I can't really get away completely, but then again, I really don't want to. I love what I do, and the people around me. Sometimes, you just have to get away to see it.

Thanks to all who made it possible, my wife, my great friends, my staff, and my son who I think I owe a father/son outing one day soon.

No comments: